We recognise the importance of building sustainability into everything we do. Striving for a positive environmental impact through our services is a large part of our focus, and we like to encourage clients and visitors to do the same.
Whether promoting green travel options or sourcing recycled products for your event, we can work with you to implement sustainable changes. From compostable crockery to event specific recycle bins, there are a multitude of options that can help minimise the environmental impact of your event in Exeter.
Our commitment to the environment and social responsibility includes the following recent activity:
- The University is proud to be a ‘flagship’ member of the ‘Plastic Free Exeter’ campaign and have pledged to become Plastic Free by 2020. Plastic drinks stirrers, straws, cups and bottles have been replaced with reuseable, recyclable or biodegradable alternatives, including KeepCups and Give Me Tap bottles.
- Water refill points are available across campus and can be found on the Refill App
- Recycling bins have been introduced in high footfall areas of campus to fully recycle disposable hot drinks cups
- The Streatham campus has achieved a Green Flag Award since 2010 and the St Luke’s campus since 2012.
- Fairtrade catering status has been held for the past 3 years.
- There has been a reduction in food waste with responsible options sourced for disposal.
- Food is served on reusable crockery as standard with compostable crockery and cutlery used for appropriate events.
- The University is currently recycling 43% of its waste and working towards reducing energy consumption.
Speak to your Event Specialist for advice on ways to make your event greener. They will be more than happy to make recommendations according to your requirements and budget.